Re: [Healeys] Won't start

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Won't start
From: John Vrugtman <javrugtman@htcnet.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:04:23 -0400
  Applying Richards' electrical lessons to the current problem, one can
deduce that the large current carrying connections and cables are OK, as
manual operation of the solenoid worked fine.
Then it follows that the circuit to energies the solenoid, or the
solenoid itself is faulty.  What happens a lot in old wiring harnesses
is the connections develop high resistance to high current, but can
check out with an ohmmeter.  A quick way to find the problem is to hold
the key to start and tap or move the various components and wires, the
one that activates the starter even a little is the likely culprit.

John
64/66 BJ8
74 Commando

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html