[Healeys] Sqeaking engine sound

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Sqeaking engine sound
From: "Dennis Gavin" <djg@gavinassociates.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:58:30 -0400
I have a 63 BJ7. Once the engine reaches operating temperature, and not
before, a squeaking sound is coming from the front of the engine. Squeak,
squeak, squeak that seems to coincide with engine rotation. First I tried
the messy belt dressing which didn't work. Then I tried a different fan belt
with the same result. I'm wondering if it could be the bottom pulley/damper
or the water pump? The pump has no discernable bearing play when wiggling
the fan. Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions would be welcome
and thank you in advance.

Dennis Gavin

Sudbury, MA.

63 BJ7