Re: [Healeys] Core parts

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Core parts
From: healeyguy@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 18:31:30 -0400
John
I have the same issue. A 40 year collection of used parts that always
seemed to useful to toss once suppliers stopped taking cores. Of course
being in the middle of the pacific Ocean doesn't help either.
Rebuilders generally are not interested in paying big bucks to buy
cores if the (expensive) shipping is part of the deal. Can't blame them
about that. Must have 25 water pumps and the same amount or more of
shocks. Of course the core issue may not be at the "core" of my
problem. Perhaps I'm just an Austin Healey pack rat. Don't ask about
the collection of brake drums...another really saleable item!
Aloha
Perry