[Healeys] Fw: Healey head cracks

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Fw: Healey head cracks
From: "Ed Woods" <fogbro1@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 22:04:06 -0400
List,

I have a 3000 head which was cracked between 2 coolant ports (holes) located
between no.2 and no. 3 combustion chambers and 2 similar coolant ports (holes
again) between nos. 4 and 5. I have photos if anyone cares to see them. Just
respond off list.

This is a common problem on Triumph TR3 heads and does not make the head
unserviceable, even if the crack is not repaired since the holes are entry to
a common water passage and are sealed (from the cylinders) by the head gasket
anyway.

What are the Lists thoughts on the Healey 3000 head? Has anyone had a similar
situation? Was the head trashed, left in service "as is", or repaired in some
way?

Thanks in advance,

Ed Woods
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html