[Healeys] BN4 Steering Escutcheon ring

To: Healey Mail List <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BN4 Steering Escutcheon ring
From: Alan Bromfield <bluehealey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 17:17:34 +0100
Team........
See my post at
http://tinyurl.com/386tp7x
which has pictures to accompany the text.
I am fitting the escutcheon ring to the dash and having a bit of
trouble. From the parts manual two different rings are available and
it may be that I have the wrong one for my adjustable steering
column/wheel. The escutcheon assembly consists of a triangular backing
plate that goes behind the dash. The finisher ring is then inserted
from the front and the legs bent around the backing plate to hold the
assembly together sandwiching the dash panel between them.

Is this correct? The tabs are visible and ugly!

It doesn't look right to me. Is that because I have the escutcheon for
a non-adjustable setup?
If so how does the adjustable set up differ?

                (__tinyurl.com/bluehealey _)
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html