Re: [Healeys] BN4 Steering Escutcheon ring

To: Healey Mail List <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN4 Steering Escutcheon ring
From: Alan Bromfield <bluehealey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 18:39:27 +0100
Team.
Many thanks for all your prompt and detailed responses. It has been
suggested that the escutcheon for an adjustable steering/column uses a
backing plate with a larger hole to allow the retaining legs to pass
through the hole and bend outward.
On checking various parts listings from the big name suppliers however
only one backing plate is ever listed.  Even the AH original parts
list only offers one example - part no. AHB5406. Perhaps Rick has a
one-off special.

RichC has provided a response (below) complete with photo that I shall
use to update the forum for others that may pass this way in the
future.

Thanks again.

On 7 September 2010 18:30, Rich C <richchrysler@quickclic.net> wrote:
> Alan,
>
> Your escutcheon is the right one for the adjustable wheel and locking
> collar. There should be no triangular backing plate in behind at all. The 3
> tabs must be splayed and bent outboard and curve around to secure the ring
> into position against the back side of the dash.
>
> Rich
                (__tinyurl.com/bluehealey _)
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html