Re: [Healeys] Engine start procedure

To: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, "Tadeusz Malkiewicz"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Engine start procedure
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 20:59:24 -0500
Only thing I would add is leave the hood (bonnet) off if you have not yet
replaced it.

1.  Engine will run cooler, much cooler in a Healey as the underhood air
pressure/heat build up seems to be worse in these cars than most.

2.  You will have better light and slightly better access to make the
inevitable adjustments to carbs, timing, etc.

3.  Worst case if the motor has to come back out one less thing to do
remove/refit.

I drove around for a while with the hood off after my rebuild to keep temps
down as it was summer.  Plus the newly painted block looked kind off cool
anyway.

Greg Lemon
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html