Re: [Healeys] Engine start procedure

To: "'Tadeusz Malkiewicz'" <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Engine start procedure
From: "T+ B Willig" <willig@wtnet.de>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 13:47:40 +0200
Hi Tadek,

be very careful when you check the engine temperature. Remember that the
temperature sender sits in the radiator. I encountered a problem when I
started my overhauled engine for the first time and I did not realize that
the thermostat did not open.....I focused on the temperature instrument -all
was cool- and was not aware that the engine itself was very very hot.  My
advice is to check the temperature of the radiator top hose with your hand
during the first startup, so you can be sure that all is well.

Regards

Thomas Willig

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----