[Healeys] Craftsman Tool Exchange Program

To: "AustinHealey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Craftsman Tool Exchange Program
From: "Dick Matson" <medlabinc@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:34:26 -0700
As reported earlier, I recently saw on the highway what looked to me like a
screwdriver.  Being not looking so good on the highway I stopped, went back,
and picked it up.

Turned out it was a screwdriver, a short shank No. 1 Common Craftsman
screwdriver, really beat up from traffic and in any event good to get off the
road I thought

Now knowing where to start to find it's owner and not being useable either I
decided I would take it with me next time to the Sears store.

Discussion later on the list suggested to me this screwdriver might fall into
the same category as one purchased at say a garage sale - anyway maybe not
mine to exchange.  I agreed with that and so wrote I would return it to
Sears.

Today I returned the screwdriver to Sears.

I also bought a brand new new No 1 common screwdriver - one with a little
longer shank that you might use to say adjust an SU carburetor on your Austin
Healey.

Meanwhile I also told the tool man my story.  And the tool man told me - the
screwdriver I was returning was mine.  I said I couldn't.

So now here I am home with my bag from the Sears store.  And in the bag what
do I find.  Both screwdrivers.

Now what ?

Dick Matson / Bj8
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html