Re: [Healeys] Craftsman Tool Exchange Program

To: AustinHealey List <healeys@autox.team.net>, Dick Matson <medlabinc@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Craftsman Tool Exchange Program
From: Greg Mandas <gmandas@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 17:14:51 -0700 (PDT)
Enjoy you're new screwdriver(s).

You told the truth and the tool guy made a
decision to honor the warrantee even knowing how you acquired it.

Greg

---

<medlabinc@msn.com>
"AustinHealey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
> Date: Friday, September 10,
2010, 3:34 PM
> As reported earlier, I recently saw
> on the highway what
looked to me like a
> screwdriver.  Being not looking so good on the highway

I stopped, went back,
> and picked it up.
>
> Turned out it was a
screwdriver, a short shank No. 1 Common
> Craftsman
> screwdriver, really beat
up from traffic and in any event
> good to get off the
> road I thought

Now knowing where to start to find it's owner and not being
> useable either I
> decided I would take it with me next time to the Sears
> store.

Discussion later on the list suggested to me this
> screwdriver might fall
into
> the same category as one purchased at say a garage sale -
> anyway
maybe not
> mine to exchange.  I agreed with that and so wrote I
> would
return it to
> Sears.
>
> Today I returned the screwdriver to Sears.

also bought a brand new new No 1 common screwdriver - one
> with a little

longer shank that you might use to say adjust an SU
> carburetor on your
Austin
> Healey.
>
> Meanwhile I also told the tool man my story.  And the

tool man told me - the
> screwdriver I was returning was mine.  I said I

couldn't.

> So now here I am home with my bag from the Sears
> store.  And
in the bag what
> do I find.  Both screwdrivers.
>
> Now what ?