Re: [Healeys] Oil Changes

To: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Oil Changes
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:03:03 +0800
Erbs

Bulk oil should be just fine, as long as you add some ZDDP.  The main
thing with oil is that you change it with some regularity.  Since bulk
oil won't have sufficient ZDDP levels in it, you have to compensate
for that.

At the end of the day, oil is oil.  I don't think any particular
brand, honestly, is any better than another as long as the weights are
correct for your car and you change it regularly.  As long as you are
driving your car regularly, any oil will work.  I think when your car
sits a long time there might be some value to getting synthetics, but
if you drive all the time, your car won't care.

Coolant, on the other hand, is more important, esp from a corrosion
protection perspective.

Best,

Alan

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html