Re: [Healeys] 100 front brakes

To: 'John Harper' <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>, healeyguy@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 front brakes
From: Tadeusz Malkiewicz <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:11:17 +0200
John,

I have EXTREME trouble with inches and I do not have any idea who in the
name of the God came up with 11/16" and other peculiar measurements which
are a fraction of 16. This must have been some sort of punishment, at least
I take it so now :-)

However, I would notice if my shoes were over 1cm narrower than the drum :-)
So, yes, my shoes are 2 1/2".

I asked my machinist to make tips:
______
______XXXX

Where the first bit is a cylinder and the XXXX is the extra length needed.
They would be then come on top of the tip and be mig welded. This will
increase the diameter by 2mm (just less than 3/32"), but this I hope will be
all right..

John and others, Many thanks for helping with the issue!

Best, Tadek