Re: [Healeys] OD Design Flaw? (was Munched Overdrive?)

To: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] OD Design Flaw? (was Munched Overdrive?)
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 23:01:43 +1000
Exactly right Charlie!!!
The key is to realise that if your car won't drive backwards, (and you
can't even push/roll it backwards in neutral) then your Healey is
stuck in overdrive.
If it happens, then as I described earlier, you have to tap the metal
sandwich plate on the overdrive with your knock off hammer to release
the springs.
Only happened to me once, but I've now seen it happen to 3 or 4 other
healeys, and only ever at track days.
Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com

Sent from my iPhone