[Healeys] Questin to Trim (Concours)

To: <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Questin to Trim (Concours)
From: <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 22:34:56 +0200
Rich,
I have no complains to judging as you do.  I also would give a car full points
which is as close as possible to factory spec, except panel allignment is far
from what I think is achievable by a good restorer. But as a perfectionist (my
friends call me mad in this), I would not go  that way with my own cars, as
there is plenty you can do in a more sophisticated way as the factory did,
like the engine was painted all over which does not fulfil my high standard I
set for my cars or on early 100s the tonneau cover size, which is too small,
or the many parts which are just primered or even left without any paint
reached or the underfelt material used on the trim or the evenness of the
door, boot lid gaps alignment of cockpit rails, wheel arches which does not
follow the contour of the wheels depending on the workers were in good mood
at Jensens etc., which is far from what I call acceptable. Sorry I am a
perfectionist in this way.
Good thing here is, my additional work is appreciated at least by the
valuation of the insurance companies which give the car a much higher value as
a comparable car which would be as the Healeys left the factory.
So I am just just looking for any aguments giving a restorer to go with
original factory specification.

Josef

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----