[Healeys] dynamo

To: austin healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] dynamo
From: TERRY COLL <coll44@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 16:55:37 -0400
List,

Need some help with a possible generator problem on my BJ8.  Started getting
an engine noise (sounded like an external rattle) which I was pretty sure was
coming from my rebuilt generator.  Removed gen and took to my local charging
shop to bench test and they said the generator was fine.  Added some oil to
the back, reinstalled and fired it up.  Still had the rattle and shut it down
after a minute or two.  Noticed smoke coming out of the rear of the generator
and called my charging shop to inquire what might be going on.  They said the
volt regulator (a new one installed last year) could be stuck and to
disconnect the battery, which I did.  The smoke cleared and thats where I'm
at.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards, Terry Coll  64 BJ8
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html