Re: [Healeys] Bonnet Louvers

To: "Peter Svilans" <peter.svilans@rogers.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Bonnet Louvers
From: "Dr. C. Rubino" <ruvino@ripnet.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:07:58 -0400
Well Peter if that was the case  with Healeys why did I get oil on my
windscreen the other day.

I have had louvers (custom) in my hood BN-4 Longbridge with center crease
for 10 years. On two occasions when I had replaced the gasket on my valve
cover and hadn\t tightened things down enough, obviously I had oil spray in
the engine compartment and of course because of the louvers, on the wind
screen. The beauty of this is that without the louvers I would not have
known what was happening until my oil pressure disappeared or I parked to
find a puddle of oil.

No I wasn't blinded as it was easy to identify the first tiny drops that
appeared which alerted me to pull over and check what was going on. I am
convinced they assist in cooling down the engine compartment as well, and
boy they look great!

Carl
1957 BN-4 Longbridge body, 3000 engine