Re: [Healeys] Maybe this is my rattle ...

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Maybe this is my rattle ...
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 00:49:29 +0000
This crack/break is old; not recent.  ( it's as rusty in the crack as outside.
)  I only discovered it because I loosened the adjusting bracket nut, and then
the other generator bolt ... and it opened up.  I loosened the other generator
bolt after the picture was taken and it closed back up.  The belt wasn't
"tight".  I could easily turn the fan by hand without turning the belt.

I would think ( there's that thinkin' again :) ) that if the belt were out of
whack, then there would have been a shiney spot due to a fore and aft movement
at different rpms??

How precise does one have to be on the parallelism?  And what is a good way to
measure that other than eyeball?

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html