Re: [Healeys] people noticing our cars

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] people noticing our cars
From: dwflagg@juno.com
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 10:44:48 -0400
Years ago I purchased a Phase one BJ8. After a year or so I realized that
I was, at heart, a 100 person
and advertised the car for sale.  Research had discovered that it had
been delivered to Paris (engine
had a different displacement) and eventually came to the states. This
fact was mentioned in the ad.
I then received a call about the car. She said her, then boy friend, had
a similar car delivered to
Paris when he was in the Air Force (?). Cindy and her, now husband, John
Vrugtman came by to
look at the car. He remembered the engine number and when he saw the
modified
console, realized he had found his car that he sold 20 years earlier. The
irony is that had I not
bought the car he would never had seen it again. Even though John and I
were both members of
T.A.C.H. , we didn't know each other. It can happen.

I was told once of the owner of a factory "M" who, while talking to
someone at a car show, mentioned that the only thing missing was the
tool kit. Somehow the person realized the "M" had been his car at
one time and said "I have the tool kit in my garage" !!. It never
hurts to ask or listen to stories people have about Healeys they owned
"once".

A PO of the BN2 I owned, when I mentioned I was missing one original
cockpit trim piece, said "Oh, I found that when I was in the attic
looking for a part for my VW."

It is a big world with lots of good stories, about Healeys.

Doug

> > Nice story..thanks.
> >
> > Richard

SHOCKING: 2010 Honda Civic for $1,734.09
Is this price real? YES! We reveal the TRUTH!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4cb0803bc1a431f885dst01duc
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html