Re: [Healeys] Coolant Mixture

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Coolant Mixture
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 08:52:28 -0700
re: "What success have listers had using the product."

Negligible (and probably mostly due to placebo effect, but I use it anyway).

re: "Should I consider distilled water and the product only?"

This is a religious topic that was thrashed recently (check the archives).  If
your tap water is not terribly hard it's
probably OK to use it, but a lot of automotive pundits--and some owners'
manuals--recommend distilled.  I use distilled.

Water only is the most effective coolant, but you need a rust inhibitor and
lubricant for the pump seal and WW provides
that.  If I lived in the SE, I'd use a token amount of antifreeze--say, a
half-gallon--distilled water and WW just for
the heck of it.  Professor Murphy dictates that if you use water only then the
next day you will get an unprecedented
cold snap in Atlanta.

bs

--