Re: [Healeys] Rich ? overdrive

To: "Chris Dimmock" <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rich ? overdrive
From: gonnagitcha90@hotmail.com
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 17:04:33 +0000
Yup, makes sense
RVC

From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 03:38:17
To: Richard Collins<gonnagitcha90@hotmail.com>
Cc: <gmandas@yahoo.com><gmandas@yahoo.com>; Webmeister<healeys@autox.team.net>

It just depends on the circuit.
For example, at Eastern creek, here in Sydney,
1. if you drove my Healey, and you didn't use overdrive. And;
2. I drive my Healey, & use o/d. And..
3. we were of identical competency as drivers,
A. I'd probably be about 10 seconds a lap quicker than you....
With a 4.1:1 diff, in overdrive top: I have to lift off @ over 6000
rpm on the main straight.
With a 3.9:1 diff, I don't.  Close, - it'd like close to 6,400.
With no overdrive, you'd get passed like you were standing still. (in
an identical engine spec Healey, with the same gearing, but if he had
overdrive)

Sent from my iPhone

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html