Re: [Healeys] Dealing with the Highway Patrol

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>, Len and/or Marge Hartnett
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dealing with the Highway Patrol
From: Jonas Payne <jpayne@ThorCon.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 19:10:24 -0800
When I restored my 1st Morgan, (it was a +4, which should have had a TR
engine, but instead had a 2.0L Ford), there was a device installed on the on
the speedo cable between the trans and speedo with little watch like dials.
Apparently is was some sort of " transmission" that allowed one to slow or
speed up the cable between the trans and speedo, therefore allowing
incremental adjustment of the ratio, and allowing the proper adjustment of the
speedo to the proper rear end/tire & wheel size.

I assumed it was a Ford part, I think it's sitting in a box somewhere.  Given
the number of people I know with "hot rod" 4x4's I assumed it was standard
equipment for guys when they wanted to fit oversize wheels and what not.

Anybody ever seen such a device?

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084