Re: [Healeys] Dealing with the Highway Patrol

To: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dealing with the Highway Patrol
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:16:49 +0000 (UTC)
I was following a CHP on a 2-lane highway (HWY 49 near Jackson, CA). My speedo
said he was doing 50mph in a 55, so when a passing lane came up I thought 'what
the heck' and went around him. The red light came on immediately, and I pulled
over ASAP. When he asked why I passed him I told him 'because you were doing 50
in a 55' and he replied 'well, my speedometer's calibrated and you passed me at
almost 60.' Since I just had my speedo re-geared and calibrated (I thought) for
my 3.54 rearend--at $200--I was completely befuddled and p*ssed off. I kept
mumbling 'g&dd#m it, I just spent $200 on this speedometer' and was so
flustered I handed the CHiP my American Express card instead of my license.

He laughed and let me go with a 'better get that speedometer fixed.' We used a
GPS to check speed the rest of the trip.

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

Did you at least get a discount? :)

I knew a guy ...