[Healeys] Fuel gauge brass nuts BA?

To: List Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Fuel gauge brass nuts BA?
From: Bert Van Brande <bertvanbrande@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 20:29:07 -0800 (PST)
Looking for the specification of the brass nuts on the signal posts of the fuel
gauge (where the electric wire attaches) for an original 100-4 gauge.  I
believe they're BA.  I measure an OD of 0.137" and since I don't have
BA/BSF/Whithworth gauges I estimated thread pitch around 38 TPI

According to Wikipedia this brings it close to a 4BA   0.1417 in / 3.6 mm
38.46 TPI  So I measure 4 thou difference on the diameter.  Maybe wear or my
calipers.

Can anybody confirm or correct my thinking?

UK model engineering supplies still carry these nuts, not sure if there are
sources on this side of the pond but postage on a couple nuts will likely not
be too high.

Bert
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html