Re: [Healeys] Ultimate Healey Jack?

To: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Ultimate Healey Jack?
From: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 20:27:08 -0800
I would just like to point out that if you lift under the axle, the spring
will be compressed and the tire will be pushed up into the wheel well.
If this is your game plan, may I suggest that you do a dry run in your
garage and make sure that:
A) That you can get the tire off the axle and free of the car, and that the
fender is not preventing you from doing so.
B) 6-1/2" of lift is enough to get the fully inflated new tire onto the
axle.
Trust me when I tell you that both of these are not givens, and it is much
better to find out in a warm dry garage, than out of the side of the road at
night in the cold (and probably rain)
Ask me how I know these things.
Rick

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html