[Healeys] BJ8 Carburetor Throttle Shaft

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Carburetor Throttle Shaft
From: "R. Price Lindsay" <rplindsay@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 13:08:29 -0600
I am in the process of rebuilding my carburetors and have ordered some new
parts. One is the throttle shaft. The replacement is much longer than the
original and does not have holes for the pins at the end. My questions are 1.
do I simply mate the new and old and cut the new shaft to size and 2. when
mated, for stability on my drill press drill proper sized holes to match the
old?  I notice that when the shafts are mated the slots for the disks are
perpendicular to the table but the pin holes are not. Should I drill the pin
holes perpendicular or turn them slightly to match the old?

Thank you!

Price Lindsay
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html