[Healeys] Number of MK2 BN7s

Subject: [Healeys] Number of MK2 BN7s
From: nelson_wd at msn.com (W.D. Nelson)
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 10:34:28 -0600
As my wife, a psychotherapist, (and, unfortunately not a car nut) would say:
"You have a very active fantasy life."
Like I said in an earlier thread, I have owned two BN-7 tri-carbs, both side
shifts.  The first one I bought in 1962 from an Air Force SAC-B-52 pilot who
bought it in the UK and brought it back in a KC-97 flying tanker.  A little
tid-bit;  those flights cleared customs in the early "60s by having the senior
AF officer of the flight serve as the customs officer, fill out a form and
that was all there was to it.  They brought back cars from the UK, slabs of
marble to make coffee tables from Spain, and liquor from everywhere. After
graduating from K-
State (and watching Route 66) in 1963, I and a friend drove that Healey over
6,000 miles through Mexico and I ended up travelling over 10,000 miles in that
Healey in the June/July, 1963 time frame ending up at my first job in Seattle.
I sold that car in Seattle in 1965 and would love to hear if it is still
alive.  I have no record of the car number. bill nelson - Houston

> From: robertduquette at sympatico.ca
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 10:20:20 -0500
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Number of MK2 BN7s
>
> If it's a fantasy, why not have the owner pay you to take it off their
hands
> and give it a good home? :)
>
> Robert Duquette
>
> Ottawa ON Canada
>
> 1965 RHD BRG Austin-Healey Sprite ( project )
>
> 1967 RHD MG Midget ( aka: Miss Marple )
>
> 1955 Austin-Healey 100 BN1 ( aka: Carmen
> )http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/temp/2009FallTour.jpg
>

> > Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 05:56:19 -0800
> > From: bspidell at comcast.net
> > To: healeys at autox.team.net
> > Subject: Re: [Healeys] Number of MK2 BN7s
> >
> > Recall reading somewhere authoritative that only 60-something (64?)
> tri-carb, center-shift BN7s (two seaters) were
> > built, making them tres collectible. There were considerably more
> dual-carb, center-shift BN7s built.
> >
> > One of my favorite fantasies is finding a perfect tri-carb, center-shift
BN7