Re: [Healeys] Rear Hub Bearing Challange

To: PG <britishcars@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Rear Hub Bearing Challange
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 18:50:00 -0400
Paul,

Doesn't sound like the correct bearing.  Installing the bearing in the
hub or on the axle should have no affect on the bearing's ability to
turn.  I'd suggest measuring the inside and outside diameters of the new
and old bearings and see how different they are.  You have a six inch
dial/digital caliper?

I normally get these bearings from a bearing supplier.  The Timken part
number is 209L.  The OE supplier's (Ransome & Marles) part number was LDJ45.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php