Re: [Healeys] Can't get the Healey startedþ

To: <eschulz@frontiernet.net>, <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Can't get the Healey startedž
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 23:16:49 -0500
Yes, just red to red and black to black, or + to + and - to - if you prefer.
Only thing to remember if you are jumping from negative to a positive ground
car don't create a circuit from chassis to chassis on both cars while doing
the jump, i.e. don't let the bumpers touch if both cars have chrome bumpers,
did that once when I was jumping my old generator Sprite (positive earth)
with a newer alternator Sprite (negative earth) many many many years ago,
made some sparks, didn't hurt anything.

Not sure if you could use your body as the short creating medium if you
touched grounded metal on both cars while jumping, have been told it is low
voltage, so little likelihood of this, but not really wanting to experiment
and find out.

Greg Lemon
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html