Re: [Healeys] question about interior firewall

To: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>, "john spaur"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] question about interior firewall
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 11:09:48 -0400
Mark,

I notice you say "should be about the same" so you must have missed
my point.  Dynamat and roofing stuff is exactly the same - so "should
be about the same" should read "are exactly the same".  Sorry to be
so picky but I hate to see people being ripped off.  $11 per sqft
instead of $1.30 is just too much !!  My floor in the MGB is one
piece including up the sides.  So I have a beautiful clean shiny
aluminium seamless finish that will hold water up to inches deep!!

At 08:28 AM 5/27/2011, Mark LaPierre wrote:
>Barry,   in most cases the alum.  adds a reflective heat surface to
>the Dynamat  Extreme, depending on how the material is installed in
>the car.  In most cases the alum side is installed away from the
>heat factor(floors) in our cars so that sort of cancels the
>reflective idea.  However it also adds a smooth non tacky side to
>the Dynamat Extreme so carpet and other items don't stick to it when
>hot.   And of course there is the noise insulating characteristic
>that Dyn Ext. and your product add.  That characteristic should be
>about the same between the 2 products, IMHO.
>
>I used the Dyn. Ext. and notice a huge sound deadening effect
>especially when you add the carpet pad and the carpet over the  D.
>E.  Very pleasing effect.
>
>As for the tar paper,  that is just for originality.  That was all
>they add back in the early car days so that was used on the floors
>and firewall. Seems
>like very little R value there to me.
>
>My 2 cents,   Mark
>

>----- Original Message ----- From: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>