[Healeys] question about interior firewall

Subject: [Healeys] question about interior firewall
From: lapierrem at sbcglobal.net (Mark LaPierre)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 08:28:14 -0400
Barry,   in most cases the alum.  adds a reflective heat surface to the
Dynamat  Extreme, depending on how the material is installed in the car.  In
most cases the alum side is installed away from the heat factor(floors) in
our cars so that sort of cancels the reflective idea.  However it also adds
a smooth non tacky side to the Dynamat Extreme so carpet and other items
don't stick to it when hot.   And of course there is the noise insulating
characteristic that Dyn Ext. and your product add.  That characteristic
should be about the same between the 2 products, IMHO.

I used the Dyn. Ext. and notice a huge sound deadening effect especially
when you add the carpet pad and the carpet over the  D. E.  Very pleasing
effect.

As for the tar paper,  that is just for originality.  That was all they add
back in the early car days so that was used on the floors and firewall.
Seems
like very little R value there to me.

My 2 cents,   Mark