[Healeys] Non Healey - Dunlop 16" 54 spoke wheels

Subject: [Healeys] Non Healey - Dunlop 16" 54 spoke wheels
From: JPayne at ThorCon.net (Jonas Payne)
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 17:19:22 -0700
While out on a spirited jaunt in my 61 Jag XK 150 last weekend we lost
one of the short spokes on the 16" 54 spoke Dunlops.  The chain reaction
destroyed the tube and gutted the sidewall of the tire.

Luckily the thing didn't blow out, but survived to go flat in my
driveway, so apparently it didn't happen while cracking the ton on the
freeway on the way home from my office.

I have been informed by several suppliers that a replacement spoke,
which is valued at $2.00 in the XK's Unlimited catalog is now made of
"unobtanium".

The car is now laid up for an indeterminate period of time (The original
50 year old spare and wheel are not roadworthy) waiting for either a
$2.00 replacement spoke, or $2K in new 60 spoke Dunlops, as the 54 spoke
units are no longer made.

If anybody knows of a source for such a spoke (or handful thereof) - I'd
greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

Jonas Payne
PBR