[Healeys] BN1/2 Boot Floor Holes

To: healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BN1/2 Boot Floor Holes
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 20:31:40 +0000 (UTC)
In all the excitement over the two low-mileage 100s I noticed something: both
cars had small--I'd guess 5/16" dia--holes on either side of the boot pan
floor. These holes were about equidistant--i.e., about a third of the way in
from the sides--on the squarish, raised portion of the boot floor--the
pressed-in, 'embossed' part of the panel-- in front of the gas tank strap
T-bolt holes .

Anyone know what these holes are for? The obvious guess is drainage, but
they're on a raised (I think--maybe not) portion of the boot floor so wouldn't
be useful for that and, IIRC, there are no pins, studs, etc. on the gas tank
that would require relief.

I don't think my original BJ8 boot floor had them, nor did the Kilmartin
replacement for our BN2 or the Moss 'std' part I put in my BJ8 (and that,
folks, is why I pay close attention to 'original' cars).

TIA,
Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html