Re: [Healeys] grease guns

To: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>, "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] grease guns
From: Ron Mitchell <healeyron@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:36:47 -0700 (PDT)
you had a beard when you were a kid?

________________________________
From: I Erbs <eyera3@gmail.com>
To: Mr. Bill <bn1@pacbell.net>
Cc: healeys@autox.team.net
Sent: Tue, June 21, 2011 11:24:17 PM

When I was a kid doing lube and oul changes, I was lubing an old Studebaker.
It must have had 40 zerks. The gun broke when I was under it and my face aNd
hair was coated in gold lithium grease...took for ever to wash it out of my
beard and hair.....

Ira Erbs
IT Consultant
Portland, OR

sent from my Droid, please excuse typos and random self corrections because
my phone has It's own ideas about what word I meant to write

On Jun 21, 2011 6:07 PM, "Mr. Bill" <bn1@pacbell.net> wrote:
> Bert,
>
> IMHO I would get an air powered one. In my experience, unless you're
> Hulk Hogan, you can't get enough pressure with a pistol grip and unless
> you have the car on a rack, you won't have enough space for a
> lever-action. Another problem with the lever is that often the fitting
> will come off the nipple while your hands are occupied pumping. But, I
> have never used a pneumatic grease gun. I had a brand-new one on the
> shelf when my wheelchair grabbed me by the ass.
>
> HTH & good luck,
>
> Bill
> '53 BN1
> '61 BT7
>
> On 6/21/2011 2:24 PM, Bert Van Brande wrote:
>> Grease guns, such simple tools yet the 2 I bought failed miserably one
after the other. The first one leaked from a hole in side of the tube, the
second one leaked from about every orifice. After some online research it
seems that there are still some good guns made. Grease guns with some good
reviews: plews, alemite, lincoln. The price is actually not that much higher
than the auto-parts store brands.

>> It's just hard to figure where they're actually manufactured. Not one
spec sheet mentions this detail. I am currently leaning towards buying an
Alemite Professional 500

>> I'd like to hear if anybody has good experience with these guns. Do you
prefer lever guns or pistol grip? Also what kind of extension do you prefer
for the Healey: rigid or flexible?

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/bn1@pacbell.net
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3@gmail.com