[Healeys] Goodbye

Subject: [Healeys] Goodbye
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 14:41:08 +0000 (UTC)
Jack,

Very sorry to see you go. But, I wouldn't be surprised to see you come back to
the 'Family' should things improve someday.

Bob

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

Dear friends,
After close to ten years I regret having to advise you that I will no longer
be participating in this forum. Even worse: I will not be a member of the
Healey family any more - I just sold my BJ8 to a Swiss enthusiast which I
happened to meet here in Holland.

The reason for the sale is purely financial: For over three years now I have
been trying to sell one of the two houses which I own, but the housing
market in this country is nearly dead and I don't see any improvement in the
near future. Two houses mean double charges and taxes and as I'm retired I'm
depending on a State pension plus a private pension and that's unfortunately
insufficient .

I cannot say how much I've enjoyed the participation in this list. I not
only had the pleasure of some visits from USA list members while visiting
Europe, I also bought and sold various bits and pieces and even got some
items free of charge. There is an great sense of friendship on this list.

I also enjoyed an enormous amount of written help from a large number of
listers during my 7 year BJ8 restoration and I would like to especially say
'thank you' to Rich Chrysler and Steve Byers for their support and
assistance.

Mark Bradakis: thank you for keeping this fantastic list on the air.

(The above does not mean I won't get my hands dirty any more: a friend of
mine just bought a Volvo 1800E and I've promised him that I will look after
the technical side of that animal.)

Goodbye to you all, thank you and so long!

Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
No 1964 BJ8 29432 any more