[Healeys] Towing advice

Subject: [Healeys] Towing advice
From: ghess4 at cox.net (Ghess4)
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 11:42:22 -0700
There was a time (1950's) when most cars were shipped by rail and wheel and
axel bearings often suffered  Brinelling due to a  rocking back and forth
movement induced by the railcars.  This caused a premature failure of the
bearings.  I don't know which method of tie down is best but if one can tie
down to reduce the fore and aft rocking motion it will reduce this
phenomenon.  Look up BRINELLING AND FALSE BRINELLING in Wikipedia.
Gale Hess

Subject: Re: [Healeys] Towing advice