[Healeys] 100-Six with XK150 engine for sale

Subject: [Healeys] 100-Six with XK150 engine for sale
From: austin.healey at gmail.com (Chris Dimmock)
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 21:49:13 +1000
And some of us would say the maths - or engineering - or lack thereof
- is why E types never excelled on any motorsport dais in their era.
Oh wait. Except for those lightweights. And those aluminium block
cars. Yeah. Production cars. All six of them..
Well, the only Healey with an aluminium block didn't ever race or
rally, in the era. But the production Healeys still opened a huge old
can of wooppass on the E Type back in the day, and still do in
Historics.
Just ask Dennis Welch.
The beauty and charm of every Austin Healey was that it was
agricultural.
Alfas, Lancias, Jags, Lambos, Ferraris, Aston Martins, whatever, were
so high tech you can't fix it yourself....
But agricultural high performance - Healeys - from Sprites to 100's to
3000's - and all the stuff you can do yourself to make the go faster
or just enjoy as standard and fix as you go - that's the Holy Grail.
At least for me anyway.
Chris
PS.
And I love the purposeful look and sound of a 3000 over the look of a
cigar shaped, and undertyred e type, anyday.
PPS. I take back what I said earlier about engineering of that 3.8
100/6 - that 3.8 100/6 still has a C Series Healy Diff!!! Ooooohhhh
old fashioned solid rear axle.... At least Doddsies 3.8 bugeye has a
high tech suspension rear end...
;-)

Sent from my iPhone