[Healeys] Smiths Tach Conversion

Subject: [Healeys] Smiths Tach Conversion
From: bspidell at comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 15:58:24 +0000 (UTC)
A data point:

I have a pre-2001 Smiths tach with positive-ground Pertronix ignition on my
BJ8. I calibrated the tach against a Craftsmen dwell/tach, and double-checked
RPM and MPH with my 3.54 rearend and 185/70R15 tires. The tach is absolutely
dead-nuts on and rock solid at all engine speeds (I did have to reverse the
inductive pickup loop on the back, not surprisingly).

I've often wished I could get an electronic speedometer.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA