Re: [Healeys] Pedal travel ?

To: Alan Grossman <agrossman@pacific.net>, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Pedal travel ?
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:02:02 +0800
Alan -

You have a drum brake car.

Drum brakes require periodic shoe adjustment.  If your front or rear
shoes are not adjusted properly, you will get excessive pedal travel,
as the MC will be pushing the fluid to the shoe that is backed off too
far.

Follow the adjustment procedure in your shop manual.  The job is easy
to do, but you'll have to jack up each wheel to do the adjustment.

Alan