[Healeys] Old books and old memories

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Old books and old memories
From: "Peter Svilans" <peter.svilans@rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 15:50:11 -0400
Didn't mean to sound so cynical.   Toronto and the GTA actually has a  high
percentage of bookstores per capita.   A few years ago, I was reunited with
some old high school friends, and we now have regular monthly bookstore
outings.   Don't yet have Scott's acute nose for sniffing out the real
treasures, though.

The late fifties and early sixties were fabulous times for sports cars.  And
for dreams and optimism for a bright new future in general.

Long ago I pieced together complete runs of Road & Track, Sports Cars
Illustrated, Sports Car Graphic and AQ among others to relive this era.  I can
practically recite word for word the Healey BN 6 test in SCI with its
wonderful three quarter rear view of the sleek new two-seater.  And the
"Healey's Six-Slug Slugger" article in SCG: all were truly inspirational for a
twenty-something kid with a rusty BN 6 wreck in the driveway.

Peter
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html