[Healeys] Old Books and old memories

Subject: [Healeys] Old Books and old memories
From: jstmorris at yahoo.com (J. Scott Morris)
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:14:19 -0700 (PDT)
Peter & Gary;B  Sorry, but I disagree with both of you.B  Those days still
exist and the internet can make it even more magical.
Last Sunday, Barb & I went for a lovely drive and hit two general flea markets
in two different communities.B  At the first, I found a fourth edition of John
Thornleybs bMaintaining the Breedb for a third of the price on Amazon
and Bill Piggottbs bTriumph TR2 to 6b.B  I also came across several
Sprite brochures and a BMC/MGC workshop manual but the prices were
unreasonable.B  At the second flea market I found seven issues of
bStandard-Triumph Reviewb magazine from 1960 to 1963 at $1 each.B  Those
treasures and the magic of the search still exist.B
Why, a year ago, through a connection on the internet, I got a fully bound set
of bSafety Fastb from the first issue in 1959 through to 1990 for $100 +
shipping.B  And earlier this year a local racer decided to unload five boxes
of boldb British magazines from the 50bs & 60bs b bMotor
Racingb, the official organ of the British Racing and Sports Car Club, and
bMotor Sportb.B
Over the years I have also collected all issues of the magazines issued by the
AHCA and AHCUSA.B
This is just the tip of the iceberg b the treasures still exist and the
thrill of the hunt remains.B  All you have to do is look.B  Oh yes, you also
have to persuade SWMBO to live with the musty smells. :-)B  Its called fun.
--Scott Morris; Simcoe, Ontario,
CanadaB B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B  - Keep Smiling,
Murphy Lives