[Healeys] Non Healey - Help for a Wounded Warrior

Subject: [Healeys] Non Healey - Help for a Wounded Warrior
From: charliebt7 at gmail.com (Charlie O'Connors)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 21:32:00 -0500
Hey everyone,

I need your help.  I have one of the best jobs in the world.  Every day I
get to help our Wounded Warriors who have been injured or have become ill
while fighting for our country.  I currently have a Wounded Warrior who was
seriously injured by an IED explosion in Afghanistan only a month ago.  This
young man is married with 4 small children (one is a special needs
child).  Following
the incident that resulted in his injuries, he was medivaced to Brooke Army
Medical Center here in San Antonio.  The young man is doing well considering
his injuries, but every day he and his wife have to examine what the future
holds for them.  His original duty station is in Seattle, Washington.  But
because of his injuries he is being transferred to San Antonio.

Something that I am trying to assist him with is moving his 1965 Mustang
(that he has lovingly restored) from Seattle to San Antonio.  I have
contacted several auto haulers and they have given me discounts on their
normal shipping rates.  But I am trying to do better.  Does anyone have any
suggestions on how I can get this hero's Mustang from Seattle to San Antonio
with little or no expense to a fellow classic car enthusiast?

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Charlie O'Connors

San Antonio, Texas