[Healeys] Frame torsional rigidity - was: Working on door gaps

Subject: [Healeys] Frame torsional rigidity - was: Working on door gaps
From: ATIGHTPROD at aol.com (ATIGHTPROD at aol.com)
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 15:32:36 -0400 (EDT)
I agree, but I can say that nothing quite feels like a 3000 on the  open
road when you flip into overdrive and the car just kinda sucks down onto  the
road and hits that cruise note in your head. Much different than the 100 I
drive now. That said, the nimble feeling of my 100 makes my last 3000 seem
"clunky" if that makes sense.
    And then the "style" of the Austin-Healey is second  to none in my
opinion.
Steven Kingsbury
BN1 #598

In a message dated 9/5/2011 10:32:06 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
glemon at neb.rr.com writes:

>From  seat of the pants feel the Healey frame/structure is stiffer than a
TR2-3,  but less rigid than an MGA.  The 100 was pretty good for its day,
as
I believe Geofrey Healey noted in one of the Healey books the whole thing
was weakened/compromised by adding the length and weight for the 6
cylinder
motor.

The Healey was good to maybe even ahead of its time  for its design time in
the early fifties, but auto technology grew by  leaps and bounds from the
early fiftes to the mid sixties, and the 3000  was certainly not state of
the
art in its final days.

Greg Lemon
Healeys at autox.team.net