[Healeys] Your iconic Healey

Subject: [Healeys] Your iconic Healey
From: hstandfa at iinet.net.au (Noel and Helen standfast)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 07:47:14 +1000
Joe

I agree it's good for us grey heads to reminisce about our first Healey
sighting.  Back in about 1969 I was a car mad cadet laboratory tech and
one of the blokes in the lab owned a hot FJ Holden that I thought was
the greatest thing.  That was until he took me up to the local shopping
centre one lunch time to meet a mate of his (Kerry Horgan the local
pharmacist) who owned a Healey 100.  Parked outside the chemist shop was
the BRG Canberra Speed Shop BN1 which apart from Helen Tregea in
haematology, was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.  I vowed then
and there to own a Big Healey and as I was earning about $17 per week it
was a pipe dream.  However I finally managed to buy a 100-Six in a
bucket from Carl Stecher and despite my poor prospects and propensity to
waste money on old cars also married Helen.  Those were the days my friend

compliments of the season to all the listers

Noel S