Re: [Healeys] PCV needs fresh air too

To: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] PCV needs fresh air too
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 18:06:33 -0800
The pipe from the air filter to the valve cover is the fresh air source.   I
doubt there is an oil/air separator under
the valve cover; a baffle maybe--like in a Healey valve cover--but I haven't
had the valve covers off.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crankcase_ventilation_system

about halfway down: "It is an "open system" in that fresh exterior air is
continuously used to flush contaminants from
the crankcase and into the combustion chamber."

Or here:

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h63.pdf

Bob

--