[Healeys] February Drive in BN1

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] February Drive in BN1
From: "Rich Chrysler" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 17:40:28 -0500
Hello all,

This has been an unbelievably easy winter in Sothern Ontario so far (I'd
better touch wood fast!) so much so that we have had very little snow and in
fact we've had many days in a row of above freezing temperatures and the
rains of last week flushed away and cleaned the roads thoroughly resulting
in bare clear and dry roads for many days now.

It's now the first week of February already and I have a number of "winter
projects" to carry out on our Hundred before spring arrives. As of 3 days
ago, between customer's projects I have an open space in the shop for mine
for a change so this afternoon (Saturday Feb 4th) I went and retrieved the
Healey from a good friend's storage area where the car has been since late
November.

I simply removed the car cover, switched on the cutoff switch in the boot,
and climbed in. Full choke, she turned over a few times and boomed into
life. Top down of course, good winter coat and toque, driving gloves, switch
on heater fan and we were off!

This was a truly pleasurable experience and we (the car and I) sure got a
number of strange looks as we wound our way through Saturday afternoon
traffic. Up through the gears, out into the countryside, the 32% overdrive
snapping in briskly and we were cruising along at 50 mph, looking down our
nose at the poor peasants in their fully enclosed boxes. All too soon we
were home and into the shop. I was really quite comfortable and could have
kept going and the car sure wanted to!

Anyway, now to work on those little jobs and hopefully have her ready for
spring. Install 5 new tires, rework trafficator and install the correct
early adjustable chrome lever, sort out the under dash rattle, maybe replace
the noisy empty muffler, clean and detail top to bottom and generally pamper
her..the Healey that is.

Rich