Re: [Healeys] Exhaust flange gaskets

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Exhaust flange gaskets
From: Larry Varley <varley@cosmos.net.au>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 06:05:47 +1100
I would also be interested in hearing if there is a cure for this, my
brother is having the same problem with his 100. Like Bob, he has made
sure the flange is flat, and tried high temp silicone on the gasket. The
latest attempt at a cure is to remove the pipe spigot on the engine pipe
that goes up into the manifold to see if it is channelling hot gasses at
the gasket edge rather than protecting the gasket. Time will tell.
Cheers
Larry Varley