[Healeys] Fuel problem--BJ8

Subject: [Healeys] Fuel problem--BJ8
From: austin.healey at gmail.com (Chris Dimmock)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 02:14:27 +1100
Hey Tom.
You didn't mention cockpit temp? Have you done anything (like binding exhaust
manifolds) to reduce underbody (under bonnet) temp heat??
Just a thought
Your water pump??
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On 25/03/2012, at 1:59 AM, Tom Felts <tomfelts at windstream.net> wrote:

> Recently have developed what I feel is a fuel starvation problem on the Bj8.
Happens very seldom.

> History:
> there is no filter inside the tank---removed years ago
> I have replaced the in-line fuel filter that I installed after removing the
sock filter inside the tank.
> the pump points were pretty worn, and I have filed the inside ones down and
added a new "outside: "flexible" one with fresh points on that side.
> I have a back-up pump in the line
> System has worked flawlessly for 12 years.
> Starvation appears when outside temp is high and car temp is high.
> when I say starvation, I mean it starts to skip and miss---does it for maybe
10 sec and clears up and car runs very smoothly.