[Healeys] Most Successful 6 cyl Austin Healey Racer

Subject: [Healeys] Most Successful 6 cyl Austin Healey Racer
From: p_cquinn at tpg.com.au (Patrick and Caroline Quinn)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 12:23:56 +1100
G'day Alan

Don't you just hate pedants?

Are you meaning race or rally cars?

URX 727 was a Works Rally car and not a race car, however when it was in use
by BMC it was successful having won the 1960 Liege-Rome-Liege and first in
class for the same event as well as the Tulip and Alpine of the same year.

Looking at both race and rally cars it certainly became well known, but I
would say that the original UJB 143 would top them all. Originally built for
Sebring 1960 and later ran at Le Mans and went on in the hands of John
Chatham to be known throughout the UK and AH world as DD 300.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia