[Healeys] gasket - exhaust manifold to down pipe

Subject: [Healeys] gasket - exhaust manifold to down pipe
From: steveg at abrazosdata.com (Steve Gerow)
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 08:00:04 -0700
I just measured an old one I have - it's 1-3/4" Diameter hole, 3" bolt
circle. These don't seem to be available online as the smallest generally
available is 2-1/2".

However I did notice one manufacturer refers their "lifetime" gasket being
made of a "special soft aluminum". Sounds like regular, non-tempered
aluminum to me.

Aluminum would be a lot cheaper than copper. If you ever took them off, you
could anneal them and re-use them.

A metal-cutting hole saw and some aluminum and you'd be in business. Use
your old one for a pattern.

Hint - for thin metal, glue it to a piece of plywood with contact cement as
a backup before drilling with hole-saw.

Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 05:45:58 -0700
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net
<https://mbox.hoster902.com/compose.php?to=bspidell at comcast.net> >

With the price of copper these days they might be more like $15-20/ea;
that's a lot, but I get tired of changing them out.

--

Steve Gerow

Altadena, CA, USA

BN6