[Healeys] HD8 adjustment

Subject: [Healeys] HD8 adjustment
From: sbyers at ec.rr.com (BJ8 Healeys)
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 08:30:50 -0400
Gary, I have reviewed the several different sources available to me on
adjustments of the HD8 carburetor, and I have to agree that they all specify
using the "Slow Run Valves" (only), to control the idle speed, with the fast
idle screws being used to control the fast idle through the choke when the
engine is cold.  I'll update and correct my procedures based on that.
Thanks for pointing it out.
My annual tune-up will occur soon, and I'll see how the updated procedures
work for me.   The procedures as they are have been working fine for me for
several years and it will be interesting to see how the change makes a
difference.

The re-review of the various sources (workshop manual, SU manual, Chilton's
and Glenn's repair manuals) reminded me again how confusing they all are in
using different nomenclature for the same part, different idle speeds,
referring to other sections that don't apply, etc.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA